IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ, TAKE A MOMENT TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
SBI bank has asked all its users to link their Aadhaar number with their bank accounts. The last date for this process is 31 March 2018, failing which, accounts will become inoperative till Aadhaar linking is done.
In this post, we share the steps by which you can link your SBI bank account with your Aadhaar number.
If you are an HDFC bank user, you can check out this post for the steps to link HDFC account to AADHAAR.
For recent SBI bank changes, CHECK THIS POST
LINK SBI BANK ACCOUNT TO AADHAAR
Aadhaar can be linked to your existing account through any of the following ways:
Aadhaar Linking through SBI Internet Banking portal
- If you are an internet banking user, then you can log into www.onlinesbi.com and access the link “Link your Aadhaar number” under “My Accounts“, appearing on the left panel of the screen.
- On clicking the above link, you will be directed to a screen where you have to select the Account number, input the Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
- OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Upon entering, Aadhar will be mapped to your account
Aadhaar Linking through ATM channel
- You can access any of the ATMs and seed your Aadhaar with your Bank account.
- After swiping the ATM card and entering your PIN, Select the menu “Service – Registrations“
- In this menu, select Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry as per your need)
- You can now select the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number. You will be prompted to re-enter the same.
Aadhaar Linking through SMS
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, then you can send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number
- If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, an SMS reply will be sent to you.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the request.
- The Aadhaar number will be verified by Bank with UIDAI. In case it fails verification, SMS will be sent to Customer to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
Aadhaar Linking through Branch channel
- Customer visits any SBI branch with a copy of his/her Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
- At the branch, a Letter of Request will be obtained from the customer along with the Xerox copy of Aadhaar letter.
- After necessary verification, the linking will be done by the branch. An SMS will be sent to customer’s registered mobile number regarding the status of seeding.
Hope this article would be helpful to you. Let us know of any issues in the comments.